Scrabble word: LIBERTY
In which Scrabble dictionary does LIBERTY exist?
Definitions of LIBERTY in dictionaries:
- noun - immunity from arbitrary exercise of authority: political independence
- noun - freedom of choice
- noun - personal freedom from servitude or confinement or oppression
- noun - leave granted to a sailor or naval officer
- noun - an act of undue intimacy
- The condition of being free from restriction or control.
- The right and power to act, believe, or express oneself in a manner of one’s own choosing.
- The condition of being physically and legally free from confinement, servitude, or forced labor.
- Freedom from unjust or undue governmental control.
- A right and power to engage in certain actions without control or interference: the liberties protected by the Bill of Rights.
- Often liberties.
- A breach or overstepping of propriety or social convention.
- A statement, an attitude, or an action not warranted by conditions or actualities: a historical novel that takes liberties with chronology.
- An unwarranted risk; a chance: took foolish liberties on the ski slopes.
- A period, usually short, during which a sailor is authorized to go ashore.
- Not in confinement or under constraint; free.
- Not employed, occupied, or in use.
- adj - not subject to restriction or control