Scrabble word: HARDEN
In which Scrabble dictionary does HARDEN exist?
Definitions of HARDEN in dictionaries:
- verb - become hard or harder
- verb - make hard or harder
- verb - harden by reheating and cooling in oil
- verb - make fit
- verb - cause to accept or become hardened to
- To make hard or harder.
- To enable to withstand physical or mental hardship.
- To make unfeeling, unsympathetic, or callous: “To love love and not its meaning hardens the heart in monstrous ways” (Archibald MacLeish).
- To make sharp, as in outline.
- To protect (nuclear weapons) by surrounding with earth or concrete.
- To become hard or harder.
- To rise and become stable.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to make resistant to hardship, especially through continued exposure”: was hardened to life on the frontier; is becoming acclimated to the tropical heat; was acclimatized by long hours to overwork; became seasoned to life in prison; toughened by experience and criticism.
- adj - firm and unyielding