Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: HAND
In which Scrabble dictionary does HAND exist?
Definitions of HAND in dictionaries:
- noun - the (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb
- noun - a hired laborer on a farm or ranch
- noun - something written by hand
- noun - ability
- noun - a position given by its location to the side of an object
- noun - the cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time
- noun - one of two sides of an issue
- noun - a rotating pointer on the face of a timepiece
- noun - a unit of length equal to 4 inches
- noun - a member of the crew of a ship
- noun - a card player in a game of bridge
- noun - a round of applause to signify approval
- noun - terminal part of the forelimb in certain vertebrates (e.g. apes or kangaroos)
- noun - physical assistance
- verb - place into the hands or custody of
- verb - guide or conduct or usher somewhere
- The terminal part of the human arm located below the forearm, used for grasping and holding and consisting of the wrist, palm, four fingers, and an opposable thumb.
- A homologous or similar part in other animals, as the terminal part of the forelimb in certain vertebrates.
- A unit of length equal to 4 inches (10.
- Any of the rotating pointers used as indexes on the face of a mechanical clock.
- A pointer, as on a gauge or dial.
- See <A href="AHD3_I.
- Lateral direction indicated according to the way in which one is facing: at my right hand.
- A style or individual sample of writing.
- A round of applause to signify approval.
- Physical assistance; help: gave me a hand with the bags.
- The cards held in a card game by a given player at any time.
- The number of cards dealt each player; the deal.
- A player or participant in a card game: We need a fourth hand for bridge.
- A portion or section of a game during which all the cards dealt out are played: a hand of poker.
- One who performs manual labor: a factory hand.
- One who is part of a group or crew: the ship’s hands.
- A participant in an activity, often one who specializes in a particular activity or pursuit: called for more hands to decorate the Christmas tree; an old hand at labor negotiations.
- The degree of immediacy of a source of information; degree of reliability: probably heard the scandalous tale at third hand.
- The strength or force of one’s position: negotiated from a strong hand.
- Possession, ownership, or keeping: The books should be in your hands by noon.
- Power; jurisdiction; care: The defendant’s fate is in the hands of the jury.
- Involvement or participation: “In all this was evident the hand of the counterrevolutionaries” (John Reed).
- An influence or effect: The general manager had a hand in all the major decisions.
- Evidence of craft or artistic skill: can see the hand of a genius even in the lighter poems.
- An aptitude or ability: I tried my hand at decorating.
- The aesthetic feel or tactile quality of something, such as a fabric, textile, or carpeting, that indicates its fineness, texture, and durability.
- A manner or way of performing something: a light hand with makeup.
- Permission or a promise, especially a pledge to wed.
- A commitment or an agreement, especially when sealed by a handshake; one’s word: You have my hand on that.
- To give or pass with or as if with the hands; transmit: Hand me your keys.
- To aid, direct, or conduct with the hands: The usher handed the patron to a reserved seat.
- To roll up and secure (a sail); furl.
- To bequeath as an inheritance to one’s heirs.
- To make and pronounce an official decision, especially a court verdict.
- To distribute freely; disseminate.
- To administer or deal out.
- Close by; near.
- To give credit to: You’ve got to hand it to her; she knows what she’s doing.
- Under control: The project is well in hand.
- Accessible at the present time.
- In preparation.
- Out of control: Employee absenteeism has gotten out of hand.
- At once; immediately.
- Over and done with; finished.
- Uncalled for or improper; indiscreet.
- In one’s possession.
- v - to present with the hand (the end of the forearm)
There are 4 letters in HAND: A D H N
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HAND
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word HAND plus a wildcard: HAND?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HAND
Images for HAND
- Time for All Lets give a hand to prayer
- Parker...I cant wait to hold your little hand
- handhand Gestures and the Mind Helping hand - A Helping handhand ...
- Dr Oz Raynauds Disease hand Warmers & Blood Circulation - Dr Oz ...
- hand study reveals brains distorted body model
- Are Your hands Aging You Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon - Arizona ...
- Sylvia Omedo - BE MY hand
- ... .lets help them and stop this issue. lend your hand and HELP THEM
- drawing of hand
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.