Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: HEAD
In which Scrabble dictionary does HEAD exist?
Definitions of HEAD in dictionaries:
- noun - the upper part of the human body or the front part of the body in animals
- noun - a single domestic animal
- noun - that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings
- noun - a person who is in charge
- noun - the front of a military formation or procession
- noun - the pressure exerted by a fluid
- noun - the top of something
- noun - the source of water from which a stream arises
- noun - (grammar) the word in a grammatical constituent that plays the same grammatical role as the whole constituent
- noun - the tip of an abscess (where the pus accumulates)
- noun - the length or height based on the size of a human or animal head
- noun - a dense cluster of flowers or foliage
- noun - the educator who has executive authority for a school
- noun - an individual person
- noun - a user of (usually soft) drugs
- noun - a natural elevation (especially a rocky one that juts out into the sea)
- noun - a rounded compact mass
- noun - the foam or froth that accumulates at the top when you pour an effervescent liquid into a container
- noun - the part in the front or nearest the viewer
- noun - a difficult juncture
- noun - forward movement
- noun - a V-shaped mark at one end of an arrow pointer
- noun - the subject matter at issue
- noun - a line of text serving to indicate what the passage below it is about
- noun - the rounded end of a bone that fits into a rounded cavity in another bone to form a joint
- noun - that part of a skeletal muscle that is away from the bone that it moves
- noun - (computer science) a tiny electromagnetic coil and metal pole used to write and read magnetic patterns on a disk
- noun - (usually plural) the obverse side of a coin that usually bears the representation of a person's head
- noun - the striking part of a tool
- noun - (nautical) a toilet on board a boat or ship
- noun - a projection out from one end
- noun - a membrane that is stretched taut over a drum
- noun - oral stimulation of the genitals
- verb - to go or travel towards
- verb - be in charge of
- verb - travel in front of
- verb - be the first or leading member of (a group) and excel
- verb - direct the course
- verb - take its rise
- verb - be in the front of or on top of
- verb - form a head or come or grow to a head
- verb - remove the head of
- The uppermost or forwardmost part of the body of a vertebrate, containing the brain and the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and jaws.
- The analogous part of an invertebrate organism.
- The length or height of such a part: The horse lost by a head.
- The seat of the faculty of reason; intelligence, intellect, or mind: I did the figuring in my head.
- Mental ability or aptitude: She has a good head for mathematics.
- Freedom of choice or action: Give the child his head and see how well he solves the problems.
- A habitual drug user.
- An enthusiast.
- A portrait or representation of a person’s head.
- Often heads.
- A headache: had a bad head early this morning.
- An individual; a person: charged five dollars a head.
- A person who leads, rules, or is in charge; a leader, chief, or director: the head of the corporation.
- A headmaster or headmistress.
- The foremost or leading position: marched at the head of the parade.
- A headwaiter.
- The difference in depth of a liquid at two given points.
- The measure of pressure at the lower point expressed in terms of this difference.
- The pressure exerted by a liquid or gas: a head of steam.
- The liquid or gas exerting the pressure.
- The froth or foam that rises to the top in pouring an effervescent liquid, such as beer.
- The tip of an abscess, a boil, or a pimple, in which pus forms.
- A projection, weight, or fixture at the end of an elongated object: the head of a pin; a head of land overlooking the harbor.
- The proximal end of a long bone: the head of the femur.
- The working end of a tool or an implement: the head of a hammer.
- The part of an explosive device that carries the explosive; a warhead.
- An attachment to or part of a machine that holds or contains the operative device.
- The magnetic head of a tape recorder.
- A rounded, compact mass, as of leaves or buds: a head of cabbage.
- A flower head.
- The uppermost part; the top: Place the appropriate name at the head of each column.
- The end considered the most important: sat at the head of the table.
- Either end of an object, such as a drum, whose two ends are interchangeable.
- The forward part of a vessel.
- The top part or upper edge of a sail.
- A toilet, especially on a ship.
- A passage or gallery in a coal mine.
- The top of a book or of a page.
- A headline or heading.
- A distinct topic or category: under the head of recent Spanish history.
- Headway; progress.
- The word in a construction that has the same grammatical function as the construction as a whole and that determines relationships of concord to other parts of the construction or sentence in which the construction occurs.
- Oral sex.
- Of, relating to, or intended for the head.
- Foremost in rank or importance: the head librarian.
- Placed at the top or the front: the head name on the list.
- Of, relating to, or for drugs or drug users.
- To be in charge of; lead: The minister headed the committee.
- To be in the first or foremost position of: Collins heads the list of job candidates.
- To aim, point, or turn in a certain direction: headed the team of horses up the hill.
- To remove the head or top of.
- To hit (a soccer ball) in the air with one’s head.
- To provide with a head: head each column with a number; headed the flagpole with a golden ball.
- To proceed or go in a certain direction: head for town.
- To form a head, as lettuce or cabbage.
- To originate, as a stream or river; rise.
- Rolling, as in a somersault: tripped and fell head over heels.
- Completely; hopelessly: head over heels in love.
- verb - to be chief of
There are 4 letters in HEAD: A D E H
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HEAD
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word HEAD plus a wildcard: HEAD?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HEAD
Images for HEAD
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.