Scrabble word: SHADE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHADE exist?
Definitions of SHADE in dictionaries:
- noun - relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body
- noun - a quality of a given color that differs slightly from another color
- noun - protective covering that protects something from direct sunlight
- noun - a subtle difference in meaning or opinion or attitude
- noun - a position of relative inferiority
- noun - a slight amount or degree of difference
- noun - a mental representation of some haunting experience
- noun - a representation of the effect of shadows in a picture or drawing (as by shading or darker pigment)
- verb - cast a shadow over
- verb - represent the effect of shade or shadow on
- verb - protect from light, heat, or view
- verb - vary slightly
- verb - pass from one quality such as color to another by a slight degree
- Light diminished in intensity as a result of the interception of the rays; partial darkness.
- An area or a space of partial darkness.
- Cover or shelter provided by interception by an object of the sun or its rays.
- Relative obscurity.
- The part of a picture or photograph depicting darkness or shadow.
- The degree to which a color is mixed with black or is decreasingly illuminated; gradation of darkness.
- A slight difference or variation; a nuance: shades of meaning.
- A small amount; a trace: detected a shade of bitterness in her remarks.
- A disembodied spirit; a ghost.
- To screen from light or heat.
- To obscure or darken.
- To cause shade in or on.
- To represent degrees of shade or shadow in: shade a drawing.
- To produce (gradations of light or color) in a drawing or picture.
- To change or vary by slight degrees: shade the meaning.
- To pass from one quality, color, or thing to another by very slight changes or degrees.
- verb - to screen from light or heat
There are 5 letters in SHADE: A D E H S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SHADE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SHADE plus a wildcard: SHADE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SHADE
Images for SHADE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.