Scrabble word: SHADE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHADE exist?
Definitions of SHADE in dictionaries:
- noun - relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body
- noun - a quality of a given color that differs slightly from another color
- noun - protective covering that protects something from direct sunlight
- noun - a subtle difference in meaning or opinion or attitude
- noun - a position of relative inferiority
- noun - a slight amount or degree of difference
- noun - a mental representation of some haunting experience
- noun - a representation of the effect of shadows in a picture or drawing (as by shading or darker pigment)
- verb - cast a shadow over
- verb - represent the effect of shade or shadow on
- verb - protect from light, heat, or view
- verb - vary slightly
- verb - pass from one quality such as color to another by a slight degree
- Light diminished in intensity as a result of the interception of the rays; partial darkness.
- An area or a space of partial darkness.
- Cover or shelter provided by interception by an object of the sun or its rays.
- Relative obscurity.
- The part of a picture or photograph depicting darkness or shadow.
- The degree to which a color is mixed with black or is decreasingly illuminated; gradation of darkness.
- A slight difference or variation; a nuance: shades of meaning.
- A small amount; a trace: detected a shade of bitterness in her remarks.
- A disembodied spirit; a ghost.
- To screen from light or heat.
- To obscure or darken.
- To cause shade in or on.
- To represent degrees of shade or shadow in: shade a drawing.
- To produce (gradations of light or color) in a drawing or picture.
- To change or vary by slight degrees: shade the meaning.
- To pass from one quality, color, or thing to another by very slight changes or degrees.
- verb - to screen from light or heat