Scrabble word: DASH
In which Scrabble dictionary does DASH exist?
Definitions of DASH in dictionaries:
- noun - distinctive and stylish elegance
- noun - a quick run
- noun - a footrace run at top speed
- noun - a punctuation mark (-) used between parts of a compound word or between the syllables of a word when the word is divided at the end of a line of text
- noun - the longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code
- noun - the act of moving with great haste
- verb - run or move very quickly or hastily
- verb - break into pieces, as by striking or knocking over
- verb - hurl or thrust violently
- verb - destroy or break
- verb - cause to lose courage
- verb - add an enlivening or altering element to
- To break or smash by striking violently.
- To hurl, knock, or thrust with sudden violence.
- To splash; bespatter.
- To perform or complete hastily: dash off a letter; dash down a glass of juice.
- To add an enlivening or altering element to.
- To affect by adding another element or ingredient to: ice cream that was dashed with rum.
- To confound; abash.
- To strike violently; smash.
- To move with haste; rush: dashed to the door.
- A swift, violent blow or stroke: knocked the books to the floor with an impatient dash of his hand.
- A splash.
- A small amount of an added ingredient: a dash of sherry.
- A quick stroke, as with a pencil or brush.
- A sudden movement; a rush: made a dash for the exit.
- A footrace, usually less than a quarter-mile long, run at top speed from the outset.
- A spirited quality in action or style; verve.
- A punctuation mark (—) used in writing and printing.
- In Morse and similar codes, the long sound or signal used in combination with the dot and silent intervals to represent letters or numbers.
- A dashboard.
- verb - to strike violently