Scrabble word: EXAMPLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does EXAMPLE exist?
Definitions of EXAMPLE in dictionaries:
- noun - an item of information that is typical of a class or group
- noun - a representative form or pattern
- noun - something to be imitated
- noun - punishment intended as a warning to others
- noun - an occurrence of something
- noun - a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding
- One that is representative of a group as a whole: the squirrel, an example of a rodent; introduced each new word with examples of its use.
- One serving as a pattern of a specific kind: set a good example by arriving on time.
- A similar case that constitutes a model or precedent: a unique episode, without example in maritime history.
- A punishment given as a warning or deterrent.
- One that has been given such a punishment: made an example of the offender.
- Each of these nouns refers to what is representative of or serves to explain a larger group or class.
- verb - to show by representation