Scrabble word: PALM
In which Scrabble dictionary does PALM exist?
Definitions of PALM in dictionaries:
- noun - the inner surface of the hand from the wrist to the base of the fingers
- noun - a linear unit based on the length or width of the human hand
- noun - any plant of the family Palmae having an unbranched trunk crowned by large pinnate or palmate leaves
- noun - an award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event
- verb - touch, lift, or hold with the hands
- The inner surface of the hand that extends from the wrist to the base of the fingers.
- The similar part of the forefoot of a quadruped.
- A unit of length equal to either the width or the length of the hand.
- The part of a glove or mitten that covers the palm of the hand.
- A metal shield worn by sailmakers over the palm of the hand and used to force a needle through heavy canvas.
- The blade of an oar or paddle.
- The flattened part of the antlers of certain animals, such as the moose.
- To conceal (something) in the palm of the hand, as in cheating at dice or cards or in a sleight-of-hand trick.
- To pick up furtively.
- To commit a violation by letting (the ball) rest momentarily in the palm of the hand while dribbling.
- Any of various chiefly tropical evergreen trees, shrubs, or woody vines of the family Palmae (or Arecaceae), characteristically having unbranched trunks with a crown of large pinnate or palmate leaves having conspicuous parallel venation.
- A leaf of a palm tree, carried as an emblem of victory, success, or joy.
- Triumph; victory.
- A small metallic representation of a palm leaf added to a military decoration that has been awarded more than one time.
- verb - to touch with the palm (inner surface) of the hand