Scrabble word: ENCLOSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ENCLOSE exist?
Definitions of ENCLOSE in dictionaries:
- verb - enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering
- verb - close in
- verb - surround completely
- verb - introduce
- To surround on all sides; close in.
- To fence in so as to prevent common use: enclosed the pasture.
- To contain, especially so as to envelop or shelter: “Every one of those darkly clustered houses encloses its own secret” (Charles Dickens).
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to surround and confine within a limited area”: cattle enclosed in feedlots; was caged in the office all afternoon; was cooped up in a studio apartment; a garden fenced in by shrubbery; a battalion hemmed in by enemy troops; ships penned up in the harbor during a blockade; prisoners who were walled in.
- verb - to close in on all sides