Scrabble word: COLORED
In which Scrabble dictionary does COLORED exist?
Definitions of COLORED in dictionaries:
- noun - a United States term for Blacks that is now considered offensive
- verb - add color to
- verb - affect as in thought or feeling
- verb - modify or bias
- verb - decorate with colors
- verb - give a deceptive explanation or excuse for
- verb - change color, often in an undesired manner
- adj - having color or a certain color
- adj - having skin rich in melanin pigments
- adj - favoring one person or side over another
- adj - (used of color) artificially produced
- Having color: colored tissue paper.
- Often Col- ored.
- Of or belonging to a racial group not regarded as white: “the huge shift that occurred when we stopped thinking of ourselves as colored people” (Courtland Milloy).
- Of mixed racial strains.
- Distorted or biased, as by irrelevant or incorrect information.
- A person of a racial group not regarded as white.
- A person of mixed racial strains.
- noun - a nonwhite person -- an offensive term