Scrabble word: COLOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does COLOR exist?
Definitions of COLOR in dictionaries:
- noun - a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect
- noun - interest and variety and intensity
- noun - the timbre of a musical sound
- noun - a race with skin pigmentation different from the white race (especially Blacks)
- noun - an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading
- noun - any material used for its color
- noun - (physics) the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction
- noun - the appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation
- verb - add color to
- verb - affect as in thought or feeling
- verb - modify or bias
- verb - decorate with colors
- verb - give a deceptive explanation or excuse for
- verb - change color, often in an undesired manner
- adj - having or capable of producing colors
- The appearance of objects or light sources described in terms of the individual’s perception of them, involving hue, lightness, and saturation for objects and hue, brightness, and saturation for light sources.
- The characteristics of light by which the individual is made aware of objects or light sources through the receptors of the eye, described in terms of dominant wavelength, luminance, and purity.
- A substance, such as a dye, pigment, or paint, that imparts a hue.
- The general appearance of the skin; complexion.
- A ruddy complexion.
- A reddening of the face; a blush.
- The skin pigmentation of a person not classed as white.
- Often colors.
- Outward appearance, often deceptive: a tale with only the slightest color of truth.
- Appearance of authenticity: testimony that lends color to an otherwise absurd notion.
- Variety of expression.
- Vivid, picturesque detail: a story with a great deal of color in it.
- Traits of personality or behavior that attract interest.
- The use or effect of pigment in painting, as distinct from form.
- Tonal quality.
- A mere semblance of legal right.
- A particle or bit of gold found in auriferous gravel or sand.
- A quantum characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction.
- To impart color to or change the color of.
- To give a distinctive character or quality to; modify.
- To exert an influence on; affect: The war colored the lives of all of us.
- To misrepresent, especially by distortion or exaggeration: color the facts.
- To gloss over; excuse: a parent who colored the children’s lies.
- To take on color.
- To change color.
- The terms person of color and people of color have been revived for use in formal contexts to refer to members or groups of non-European origin (e.
- verb - to give color (a visual attribute of objects) to
There are 5 letters in COLOR: C L O O R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to COLOR
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word COLOR plus a wildcard: COLOR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word COLOR
Images for COLOR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.