Scrabble word: CANDLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CANDLE exist?
Definitions of CANDLE in dictionaries:
- noun - stick of wax with a wick in the middle
- noun - the basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- verb - examine eggs for freshness by holding them against a light
- A solid, usually cylindrical mass of tallow, wax, or other fatty substance with an axially embedded wick that is burned to provide light.
- Something resembling this object in shape or use.
- An obsolete unit of luminous intensity, originally defined in terms of a wax candle with standard composition and equal to 1.
- See candela.
- verb - to examine eggs in front of a light