Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: LAND
In which Scrabble dictionary does LAND exist?
Definitions of LAND in dictionaries:
- noun - the land on which real estate is located
- noun - material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use)
- noun - territory over which rule or control is exercised
- noun - the solid part of the earth's surface
- noun - the territory occupied by a nation
- noun - a domain in which something is dominant
- noun - extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use
- noun - the people who live in a nation or country
- noun - a politically organized body of people under a single government
- noun - United States inventor who incorporated Polaroid film into lenses and invented the one step photographic process (1909-1991)
- noun - agriculture considered as an occupation or way of life
- verb - reach or come to rest
- verb - cause to come to the ground
- verb - bring into a different state
- verb - bring ashore
- verb - deliver (a blow)
- verb - arrive on shore
- verb - shoot at and force to come down
- The solid ground of the earth.
- Ground or soil: tilled the land.
- A topographically or functionally distinct tract: desert land; prime building land.
- A nation; a country.
- The people of a nation, district, or region.
- Public or private landed property; real estate.
- An area or a realm: the land of make-believe; the land of television.
- A tract that may be owned, together with everything growing or constructed on it.
- A landed estate.
- The raised portion of a grooved surface, as on a phonograph record.
- To bring to and unload on land: land cargo.
- To set (a vehicle) down on land or another surface: land an airplane smoothly; land a seaplane on a lake.
- To cause to arrive in a place or condition: Civil disobedience will land you in jail.
- To catch and pull in (a fish): landed a big catfish.
- To win; secure: land a big contract.
- To deliver: landed a blow on his opponent’s head.
- To come to shore: landed against the current with great difficulty.
- To disembark: landed at a crowded dock.
- To descend toward and settle onto the ground or another surface: The helicopter has landed.
- To arrive in a place or condition: landed at the theater too late for the opening curtain.
- To come to rest in a certain way or place: land on one’s feet.
- A narrow island of southeast Sweden in the Baltic Sea.
- verb - to set down upon land (solid ground)
There are 4 letters in LAND: A D L N
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LAND
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word LAND plus a wildcard: LAND?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LAND
Images for LAND
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.