Scrabble word: GLAND
In which Scrabble dictionary does GLAND exist?
Definitions of GLAND in dictionaries:
- noun - any of various organs that synthesize substances needed by the body and release it through ducts or directly into the bloodstream
- A cell, a group of cells, or an organ that produces a secretion for use elsewhere in the body or in a body cavity or for elimination from the body.
- Any of various organs, such as lymph nodes, that resemble true glands but perform a nonsecretory function.
- An organ or a structure that secretes a substance.
- A device, such as the outer sleeve of a stuffing box, designed to prevent a fluid from leaking past a moving machine part.
- noun - a secreting organ