Is DIRECT valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of DIRECT in various dictionaries:
- verb - command with authority
- verb - intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
- verb - guide the actors in (plays and films)
- verb - be in charge of
- verb - take somebody somewhere
- verb - cause to go somewhere
- verb - point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards
- verb - lead, as in the performance of a composition
- verb - give directions to
- verb - specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
- verb - direct the course
- verb - put an address on (an envelope)
- verb - plan and direct (a complex undertaking)
- adj - direct in spatial dimensions
- adj - having no intervening persons, agents, conditions
- adj - straightforward in means or manner or behavior or language or action
- adj - in a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child
- adj - moving from west to east on the celestial sphere
- adj - similar in nature or effect or relation to another quantity
- adj - (of a current) flowing in one direction only
- adj - being an immediate result or consequence
- adj - in precisely the same words used by a writer or speaker
- adj - lacking compromising or mitigating elements
- adv - without deviation
- To manage or conduct the affairs of; regulate.
- To have or take charge of; control.
- To cause to move toward a goal; aim.
- To show or indicate the way for: directed us to the airport.
- To cause to move in or follow a straight course: directed their fire at the target.
- To indicate the intended recipient on (a letter, for example).
- To address or adapt (remarks, for example) to a specific person, audience, or purpose.
- To give guidance and instruction to (actors or musicians, for example) in the rehearsal and performance of a work.
- To supervise the performance of.
- To give commands or directions.
- To conduct a performance or rehearsal.
- Proceeding without interruption in a straight course or line; not deviating or swerving: a direct route.
- Straightforward and candid; frank: a direct response.
- Having no intervening persons, conditions, or agencies; immediate: direct contact; direct sunlight.
- Effected by action of the voters, rather than through elected representatives or delegates: direct elections.
- Being of unbroken descent; lineal: a direct descendant of the monarch.
- Consisting of the exact words of the writer or speaker: a direct quotation.
- Lacking compromising or mitigating elements; absolute: direct opposites.
- Varying in the same manner as another quantity, especially increasing if another quantity increases or decreasing if it decreases.
- Designating west-to-east motion of a planet in the same direction as the sun’s movement against the stars.
- verb - to control or conduct the affairs of
There are 6 letters in DIRECT: C D E I R T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to DIRECT
To search all scrabble anagrams of DIRECT, to go: DIRECT?
Rearrange the letters in DIRECT and see some winning combinations
6 letters out of DIRECT
5 letters out of DIRECT
4 letters out of DIRECT
3 letters out of DIRECT
2 letters out of DIRECT
Contextual use of DIRECT
What's nearby DIRECT
Lookup in Wiki for DIRECT
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of DIRECT, do not miss the additional links under "More about: DIRECT"