Is TIE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of TIE in various dictionaries:
- noun - neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front
- noun - a social or business relationship
- noun - equality of score in a contest
- noun - a horizontal beam used to prevent two other structural members from spreading apart or separating
- noun - a fastener that serves to join or connect
- noun - the finish of a contest in which the score is tied and the winner is undecided
- noun - (music) a slur over two notes of the same pitch
- noun - one of the cross braces that support the rails on a railway track
- noun - a cord (or string or ribbon or wire etc.) with which something is tied
- verb - fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord
- verb - finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.
- verb - limit or restrict to
- verb - connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
- verb - form a knot or bow in
- verb - create social or emotional ties
- verb - perform a marriage ceremony
- verb - make by tying pieces together
- verb - unite musical notes by a tie
- To fasten or secure with or as if with a cord, rope, or strap: tied the kite to a post; tie up a bundle.
- To fasten by drawing together the parts or sides and knotting with strings or laces: tied her shoes.
- To make by fastening ends or parts: tie a knot.
- To put a knot or bow in: tie a neck scarf.
- To confine or restrict as if with cord: duties that tied him to the office.
- To bring together in relationship; connect or unite: friends who were tied by common interests; people who are tied by blood or marriage.
- To equal (an opponent or an opponent’s score) in a contest.
- To equal an opponent’s score in (a contest): tied the game with minutes remaining.
- To be fastened or attached: The apron ties at the back.
- To achieve equal scores in a contest.
- A cord, string, or other means by which something is tied.
- Something that connects or unites; a link: a blood tie; marital ties.
- A necktie.
- A beam or rod that joins parts and gives support.
- One of the beams, usually made of wood, that are laid across a railroad bed to secure the rails.
- An equality of scores, votes, or performance in a contest: The election ended in a tie.
- A contest so resulting; a draw.
- A curved line above or below two notes of the same pitch, indicating that the tone is to be sustained for their combined duration.
- To secure or be secured to a shore or pier; dock.
- To impede the progress of; block: The accident tied up traffic.
- To keep occupied; engage: She was tied up in a meeting all morning.
- To become intoxicated; go on a drinking spree.
- To get married.
- To perform a marriage ceremony.
- verb - to fasten with a cord or rope
There are 3 letters in TIE: E I T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to TIE
To search all scrabble anagrams of TIE, to go: TIE?
Rearrange the letters in TIE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of TIE
What's nearby TIE
Lookup in Wiki for TIE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of TIE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: TIE"