Scrabble word: SYNCOPE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SYNCOPE exist?
Definitions of SYNCOPE in dictionaries:
- noun - a spontaneous loss of consciousness caused by insufficient blood to the brain
- noun - (phonology) the loss of sounds from within a word (as in `fo'c'sle' for `forecastle')
- The shortening of a word by omission of a sound, letter, or syllable from the middle of the word; for example, bos’n for boatswain.
- A brief loss of consciousness caused by a temporary deficiency of oxygen in the brain; a swoon.
- adj - the contraction of a word by omitting one or more sounds from the middle [n -S] : SYNCOPAL, SYNCOPIC