Scrabble word: SUSPEND
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUSPEND exist?
Definitions of SUSPEND in dictionaries:
- verb - hang freely
- verb - cause to be held in suspension in a fluid
- verb - bar temporarily
- verb - stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it
- verb - make inoperative or stop
- verb - render temporarily ineffective
- To bar for a period from a privilege, office, or position, usually as a punishment: suspend a student from school.
- To cause to stop for a period; interrupt: suspended the trial.
- To render temporarily ineffective: suspend a jail sentence; suspend all parking regulations.
- To hang so as to allow free movement: suspended the mobile from the ceiling.
- To support or keep from falling without apparent attachment, as by buoyancy: suspend oneself in the water.
- To cease for a period; delay.
- To fail to make payments or meet obligations.
- verb - to cause to stop for a period