Scrabble word: SILENCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SILENCE exist?
Definitions of SILENCE in dictionaries:
- noun - the state of being silent (as when no one is speaking)
- noun - the absence of sound
- noun - a refusal to speak when expected
- noun - the trait of keeping things secret
- verb - cause to be quiet or not talk
- verb - keep from expression, for example by threats or pressure
- The condition or quality of being or keeping still and silent.
- The absence of sound; stillness.
- A period of time without speech or noise.
- Refusal or failure to speak out.
- To make silent or bring to silence: silenced the crowd with a gesture.
- To curtail the expression of; suppress: silencing all criticism; silenced their opponents.
- adv - making no sound or noise [adj -LENTER, -LENTEST] : SILENTLY