Scrabble word: LICENSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does LICENSE exist?
Definitions of LICENSE in dictionaries:
- noun - a legal document giving official permission to do something
- noun - freedom to deviate deliberately from normally applicable rules or practices (especially in behavior or speech)
- noun - excessive freedom
- noun - the act of giving a formal (usually written) authorization
- verb - authorize officially
- Official or legal permission to do or own a specified thing.
- Proof of permission granted, usually in the form of a document, card, plate, or tag: a driver’s license.
- Deviation from normal rules, practices, or methods in order to achieve a certain end or effect: poetic license.
- Latitude of action, especially in behavior or speech.
- Lack of due restraint; excessive freedom: “When liberty becomes license, dictatorship is near” (Will Durant).
- Heedlessness for the precepts of proper behavior; licentiousness.
- To give or yield permission to or for.
- To grant a license to or for; authorize.
- verb - to issue or grant authoritative permission to