Scrabble word: POLISH
In which Scrabble dictionary does POLISH exist?
Definitions of POLISH in dictionaries:
- noun - the property of being smooth and shiny
- noun - a highly developed state of perfection
- noun - a preparation used in polishing
- noun - the Slavic language of Poland
- verb - make (a surface) shine
- verb - improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
- verb - bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state
- adj - of or relating to Poland or its people or culture
- To make smooth and shiny by rubbing or chemical action: polished the silver and the brass.
- To remove the outer layers from (grains of rice) by rotation in drums.
- To free from coarseness; refine: Four years of prep school should polish those children.
- To remove flaws from; perfect or complete: polishing one’s piano technique; polished up the lyrics.
- To become smooth or shiny by or as if by being rubbed: The surface on our dining table polishes easily.
- To become perfect or refined.
- Smoothness or shininess of surface or finish: satin with a polish.
- A substance containing chemical agents or abrasive particles and applied to smooth or shine a surface.
- The act or process of polishing.
- To finish or dispose of quickly and easily.
- verb - to make smooth and lustrous by rubbing