Scrabble word: MUSHROOM
In which Scrabble dictionary does MUSHROOM exist?
Definitions of MUSHROOM in dictionaries:
- noun - common name for an edible agaric (contrasting with the inedible toadstool)
- noun - mushrooms and related fleshy fungi (including toadstools, puffballs, morels, coral fungi, etc.)
- noun - any of various fleshy fungi of the subdivision Basidiomycota consisting of a cap at the end of a stem arising from an underground mycelium
- noun - a large cloud of rubble and dust shaped like a mushroom and rising into the sky after an explosion (especially of a nuclear bomb)
- noun - fleshy body of any of numerous edible fungi
- verb - pick or gather mushrooms
- verb - grow and spread fast
- Any of various fleshy fungi of the class Basidiomycota, characteristically having an umbrella-shaped cap borne on a stalk, especially any of the edible kinds, as those of the genus Agaricus.
- Something shaped like one of these fungi.
- To multiply, grow, or expand rapidly: The population mushroomed in the postwar decades.
- To swell or spread out into a shape similar to a mushroom.
- Relating to, consisting of, or containing mushrooms: mushroom sauce.
- Resembling a mushroom in shape: a mushroom cloud.
- Resembling mushrooms in rapidity of growth or evanescence: mushroom towns.
- verb - to grow or spread rapidly