Scrabble word: HUM
In which Scrabble dictionary does HUM exist?
Definitions of HUM in dictionaries:
- noun - the state of being or appearing to be actively engaged in an activity
- noun - an Islamic fundamentalist group in Pakistan that fought the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s
- noun - a humming noise
- verb - sing with closed lips
- verb - be noisy with activity
- verb - sound with a monotonous hum
- verb - make a low continuous sound
- To emit a continuous low droning sound like that of the speech sound (m) when prolonged.
- To emit the continuous droning sound of a bee on the wing; buzz.
- To give forth a low, continuous drone blended of many sounds: The avenue hummed with traffic.
- To be in a state of busy activity.
- To sing (a tune) without opening the lips or forming words.
- The sound produced by humming.
- Used to indicate hesitation, surprise, or displeasure.
- verb - to sing without opening the lips or saying words