Scrabble word: ROOM
In which Scrabble dictionary does ROOM exist?
Definitions of ROOM in dictionaries:
- noun - an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling
- noun - space for movement
- noun - opportunity for
- noun - the people who are present in a room
- verb - live and take one's meals at or in
- A space that is or may be occupied: That easy chair takes up too much room.
- An area separated by walls or partitions from other similar parts of the structure or building in which it is located: the first room on the left; an unpainted room.
- The people present in such an area: The whole room laughed.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “adequate space or opportunity for freedom of movement or action”: room for improvement; needed elbowroom to negotiate effectively; no latitude allowed in conduct or speech; allowed the chef leeway in choosing the menu; no margin for error; imagination given full play; permitting their talents free scope.
- verb - to occupy a room (a walled space within a building)