Scrabble word: MORTIFY
In which Scrabble dictionary does MORTIFY exist?
Definitions of MORTIFY in dictionaries:
- verb - practice self-denial of one's body and appetites
- verb - hold within limits and control
- verb - cause to feel shame
- verb - undergo necrosis
- To cause to experience shame, humiliation, or wounded pride; humiliate.
- To discipline (one’s body and physical appetites) by self-denial or self-inflicted privation.
- To practice ascetic discipline or self-denial of the body and its appetites.
- To undergo mortification; become gangrenous or necrosed.