Scrabble word: FRY
In which Scrabble dictionary does FRY exist?
Definitions of FRY in dictionaries:
- noun - English painter and art critic (1866-1934)
- noun - English dramatist noted for his comic verse dramas (born 1907)
- noun - a young person of either sex
- verb - be excessively hot
- verb - cook on a hot surface using fat
- verb - kill by electrocution, as in the electric chair
- To cook over direct heat in hot oil or fat.
- To destroy (electronic circuitry) with excessive heat or current: “a power surge to the computer that fried a number of sensitive electronic components” (Erik Sandberg-Diment).
- To be cooked in a pan over direct heat in hot oil or fat.
- To undergo execution in an electric chair.
- A French fry.
- A dish of a fried food.
- A social gathering at which food is fried and eaten: a fish fry.
- Small fish, especially young, recently hatched fish.
- The young of certain other animals.
- Individuals, especially young or insignificant persons: “These pampered public school boys... had managed to evade the long prison sentences that lesser fry were serving” (Noel Annan).
- adj - to cook over direct heat in hot fat or oil [v FRIED, FRYING, FRIES] : FRYABLE