Scrabble word: FIRM
In which Scrabble dictionary does FIRM exist?
Definitions of FIRM in dictionaries:
- noun - the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments
- verb - become taut or tauter
- verb - make taut or tauter
- adj - marked by firm determination or resolution
- adj - not soft or yielding to pressure
- adj - strong and sure
- adj - not subject to revision or change
- adj - (of especially a person's physical features) not shaking or trembling
- adj - not liable to fluctuate or especially to fall
- adj - securely established
- adj - possessing the tone and resiliency of healthy tissue
- adj - securely fixed in place
- adj - unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause
- adv - with resolute determination
- Resistant to externally applied pressure.
- Marked by or indicating the tone and resiliency of healthy tissue: firm muscles.
- Securely fixed in place: Despite being hit by the car, the post was still firm.
- Indicating or possessed of determination or resolution: a firm voice.
- Constant; steadfast: a firm ally.
- Not subject to change; fixed and definite: a firm bargain; a firm offer.
- Unfluctuating; steady: Stock prices are still firm.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “tending not to yield to external pressure, touch, or force”: a firm mattress; hard as granite; solid ice.
- A commercial partnership of two or more persons, especially when unincorporated.
- The name or designation under which a company transacts business.
- adj - unyielding to pressure