Scrabble word: IMPOUND
In which Scrabble dictionary does IMPOUND exist?
Definitions of IMPOUND in dictionaries:
- verb - take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority
- verb - place or shut up in a pound
- To confine in or as if in a pound: capture and impound stray dogs.
- To seize and retain in legal custody: impounding disputed electoral ballots.
- To set aside in a fund rather than spend as prescribed: a governor who impounded monies designated for the use of cities and towns.
- To accumulate and store in a reservoir: By damming the stream, the engineers impounded its waters for irrigation.
- verb - to seize and retain in legal custody