Is POUND valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of POUND in various dictionaries:
- noun - 16 ounces avoirdupois
- noun - the basic unit of money in Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- noun - a unit of apothecary weight equal to 12 ounces troy
- noun - the basic unit of money in Syria
- noun - the basic unit of money in the Sudan
- noun - the basic unit of money in Lebanon
- noun - formerly the basic unit of money in Ireland
- noun - the basic unit of money in Egypt
- noun - the basic unit of money in Cyprus
- noun - United States writer who lived in Europe
- noun - a symbol for a unit of currency (especially for the pound sterling in Great Britain)
- noun - a public enclosure for stray or unlicensed dogs
- noun - the act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows)
- verb - hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument
- verb - strike or drive against with a heavy impact
- verb - move heavily or clumsily
- verb - move rhythmically
- verb - partition off into compartments
- verb - shut up or confine in any enclosure or within any bounds or limits
- verb - place or shut up in a pound
- verb - break down and crush by beating, as with a pestle
- A unit of weight equal to 16 ounces (453.
- A unit of apothecary weight equal to 12 ounces (373.
- A unit of weight differing in various countries and times.
- A British unit of force equal to the weight of a standard one-pound mass where the local acceleration of gravity is 9.
- The basic monetary unit of the United Kingdom, worth 20 shillings or 240 old pence before the decimalization of 1971.
- A basic unit of currency in Cyprus, Egypt, Ireland, Lebanon, Sudan, Syria, and United Kingdom.
- A monetary unit of Scotland before the Act of Union (1707).
- To strike repeatedly and forcefully.
- To beat to a powder or pulp; pulverize or crush.
- To instill by persistent, emphatic repetition: pounded knowledge into the students’ heads.
- To assault with heavy gunfire.
- To strike vigorous, repeated blows: He pounded on the table.
- To move along heavily and noisily: The children pounded up the stairs.
- To pulsate rapidly and heavily; throb: Her heart pounded.
- To move or work laboriously: a ship that pounded through heavy seas.
- A heavy blow.
- The sound of a heavy blow; a thump.
- To travel the streets on foot, especially in search of work.
- A public enclosure for the confinement of stray dogs or livestock.
- A place in which impounded property is held until redeemed.
- An enclosure in which animals or fish are trapped or kept.
- A place of confinement for lawbreakers.
- verb - to strike heavily and repeatedly
There are 5 letters in POUND: D N O P U
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to POUND
To search all scrabble anagrams of POUND, to go: POUND?
Rearrange the letters in POUND and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of POUND
What's nearby POUND
Lookup in Wiki for POUND
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of POUND, do not miss the additional links under "More about: POUND"