Scrabble word: DUMP
In which Scrabble dictionary does DUMP exist?
Definitions of DUMP in dictionaries:
- noun - a coarse term for defecation
- noun - a piece of land where waste materials are dumped
- noun - (computer science) a copy of the contents of a computer storage device
- noun - a place where supplies can be stored
- verb - throw away as refuse
- verb - sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly
- verb - sell at artificially low prices
- verb - drop (stuff) in a heap or mass
- verb - fall abruptly
- verb - knock down with force
- To release or throw down in a large mass.
- To empty (material) out of a container or vehicle: dumped the load of stones.
- To empty out (a container or vehicle), as by overturning or tilting.
- To get rid of; discard: a fine for dumping trash on public land; dumped the extra gear overboard.
- To discard or reject unceremoniously: dump an old friend.
- To place (goods or stock, for example) on the market in large quantities and at a low price.
- To transfer (data stored internally in a computer) from one place to another, as from a memory to a printout, without processing.
- To knock down; beat.
- To fall or drop abruptly.
- To discharge cargo or contents; unload.
- To criticize another severely: was always dumping on me.
- A place where refuse is dumped: a garbage dump; a nuclear waste dump.
- A storage place for goods or supplies; a depot: an ammunition dump.
- An unordered accumulation; a pile.
- An instance or the result of dumping stored data.
- A poorly maintained or disreputable place.
- verb - to let fall heavily