Scrabble word: DICTATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DICTATE exist?
Definitions of DICTATE in dictionaries:
- noun - an authoritative rule
- noun - a guiding principle
- verb - issue commands or orders for
- verb - say out loud for the purpose of recording
- verb - rule as a dictator
- To say or read aloud to be recorded or written by another: dictate a letter.
- To prescribe with authority; impose: dictated the rules of the game.
- To control or command: “Foreign leaders were... dictated by their own circumstances, bound by the universal imperatives of politics” (Doris Kearns Goodwin).
- To say or read aloud material to be recorded or written by another: dictated for an hour before leaving for the day.
- To issue orders or commands.
- A directive; a command.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to set forth expressly and authoritatively”: victors dictating the terms of surrender; confiscation of alien property decreed by the legislature; impose obedience; a separation seemingly ordained by fate; taxes prescribed by law.
- verb - to read aloud for recording
There are 7 letters in DICTATE: A C D E I T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DICTATE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DICTATE plus a wildcard: DICTATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DICTATE
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for DICTATE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.