Scrabble word: COMPOUND
Is COMPOUND valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of COMPOUND in dictionaries:
- noun - a whole formed by a union of two or more elements or parts
- noun - (chemistry) a substance formed by chemical union of two or more elements or ingredients in definite proportion by weight
- noun - an enclosure of residences and other building (especially in the Orient)
- verb - make more intense, stronger, or more marked
- verb - put or add together
- verb - calculate principal and interest
- verb - create by mixing or combining
- verb - combine so as to form a whole
- adj - composed of more than one part
- adj - consisting of two or more substances or ingredients or elements or parts
- adj - composed of many distinct individuals united to form a whole or colony
- To combine so as to form a whole; mix.
- To produce or create by combining two or more ingredients or parts: pharmacists compounding prescriptions.
- To settle (a debt, for example) by agreeing on an amount less than the claim; adjust.
- To compute (interest) on the principal and accrued interest.
- To add to; increase: High winds compounded the difficulties of the firefighters.
- To combine in or form a compound.
- To come to terms; agree.
- Consisting of two or more substances, ingredients, elements, or parts.
- Composed of more than one part.
- A combination of two or more elements or parts.
- A word that consists either of two or more elements that are independent words, such as loudspeaker, baby-sit, or high school, or of specially modified combining forms of words, such as Greek philosophia, from philo-, “loving,” and sophia, “wisdom.
- A pure, macroscopically homogeneous substance consisting of atoms or ions of two or more different elements in definite proportions that cannot be separated by physical means.
- A leaf whose blade is divided into two or more distinct leaflets.
- A pistil composed of two or more united carpels.
- A building or buildings, especially a residence or group of residences, set off and enclosed by a barrier.
- An enclosed area used for confining prisoners of war.
- verb - to add to
There are 8 letters in COMPOUND: C D M N O O P U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to COMPOUND
Click to search all anagrams of COMPOUND plus a wildcard: COMPOUND?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word COMPOUND
8 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for COMPOUND
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.