Scrabble word: VALENCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does VALENCE exist?
Definitions of VALENCE in dictionaries:
- noun - (biology) a relative capacity to unite or react or interact as with antigens or a biological substrate
- noun - (chemistry) a property of atoms or radicals
- The combining capacity of an atom or a radical determined by the number of electrons that it will lose, add, or share when it reacts with other atoms.
- A positive or negative integer used to represent this capacity: The valences of copper are 1 and 2.
- The number of components of an antigen molecule to which an antibody molecule can bind.
- The attraction or aversion that an individual feels toward a specific object or event.
- The capacity of something to unite, react, or interact with something else: “I do not claim to know much more about novels than the writing of them, but I cannot imagine one set in the breathing world which lacks any moral valence” (Robert Stone).
- noun - the degree of combining power of an element or radical