Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: STROKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does STROKE exist?
Definitions of STROKE in dictionaries:
- noun - (sports) the act of swinging or striking at a ball with a club or racket or bat or cue or hand
- noun - the maximum movement available to a pivoted or reciprocating piece by a cam
- noun - a sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain
- noun - a light touch
- noun - a light touch with the hands
- noun - (golf) the unit of scoring in golf is the act of hitting the ball with a club
- noun - the oarsman nearest the stern of the shell who sets the pace for the rest of the crew
- noun - anything that happens suddenly or by chance without an apparent cause
- noun - a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
- noun - a mark made on a surface by a pen, pencil, or paintbrush
- noun - any one of the repeated movements of the limbs and body used for locomotion in swimming or rowing
- noun - a single complete movement
- verb - touch lightly and repeatedly, as with brushing motions
- verb - strike a ball with a smooth blow
- verb - row at a particular rate
- verb - treat gingerly or carefully
- The act or an instance of striking, as with the hand, a weapon, or a tool; a blow or an impact.
- The striking of a bell or gong.
- The sound so produced.
- The time so indicated: at the stroke of midnight.
- A sudden action or process having a strong impact or effect: a stroke of lightning.
- A sudden occurrence or result: a stroke of luck; a stroke of misfortune.
- A sudden severe attack, as of paralysis or sunstroke.
- A sudden loss of brain function caused by a blockage or rupture of a blood vessel to the brain, characterized by loss of muscular control, diminution or loss of sensation or consciousness, dizziness, slurred speech, or other symptoms that vary with the extent and severity of the damage to the brain.
- An inspired or effective idea or act: a stroke of genius.
- A single uninterrupted movement, especially when repeated or in a back-and-forth motion: the stroke of a pendulum.
- Any of a series of movements of a piston from one end of the limit of its motion to another.
- A single completed movement of the limbs and body, as in swimming or rowing.
- The manner or rate of executing such a movement: My favorite stroke is butterfly.
- The rower who sits nearest the coxswain or the stern and sets the tempo for the other rowers.
- The position occupied by this person.
- A movement of the upper torso and arms for the purpose of striking a ball, as in golf or tennis.
- The manner of executing such a movement.
- A single mark made by a writing or marking implement, such as a pen.
- The act of making such a mark.
- A printed line in a graphic character that resembles such a mark.
- A distinctive effect or deft touch, as in literary composition.
- To mark with a single short line.
- To draw a line through; cancel: stroked out the last sentence.
- To set the pace for (a rowing crew).
- To hit or propel (a ball, for example) with a smoothly regulated swing.
- To make or perform a stroke.
- To row at a particular rate per minute.
- To rub lightly, with or as if with the hand or something held in the hand; caress.
- To behave attentively or flatteringly toward, especially in order to restore to confidence or win over.
- v - to rub gently
There are 6 letters in STROKE: E K O R S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STROKE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STROKE plus a wildcard: STROKE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STROKE
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for STROKE
- Dream Health stroke Major causes Health l Health news l Health ...
- Free For Health stroke
- stroke REHABILITATION as soon as possible in the form of body work ...
- Health Care Blog Archive stroke
- ... stroke the symptoms of stroke and what action to take if you see any
- Sometimes a stroke patient can suffer from heart attack too and it is ...
- Illustration showing ischemic stroke
- What Causes a stroke - Common Cause of stroke - Clivir - How to ...
- Home Health Information stroke What is stroke Ischemic stroke
- Know the Five - Signs of Heart Attack and stroke - Carilion Clinic
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.