Scrabble word: HOLDING
In which Scrabble dictionary does HOLDING exist?
Definitions of HOLDING in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of retaining something
- noun - something owned
- verb - keep in a certain state, position, or activity
- verb - have or hold in one's hands or grip
- verb - organize or be responsible for
- verb - have or possess, either in a concrete or an abstract sense
- verb - keep in mind or convey as a conviction or view
- verb - maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
- verb - to close within bounds, limit or hold back from movement
- verb - secure and keep for possible future use or application
- verb - have rightfully
- verb - be the physical support of
- verb - contain or hold
- verb - have room for
- verb - remain in a certain state, position, or condition
- verb - support or hold in a certain manner
- verb - be valid, applicable, or true
- verb - assert or affirm
- verb - have as a major characteristic
- verb - be capable of holding or containing
- verb - arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance
- verb - protect against a challenge or attack
- verb - bind by an obligation
- verb - hold the attention of
- verb - remain committed to
- verb - resist or confront with resistance
- verb - be pertinent or relevant or applicable
- verb - stop dealing with
- verb - lessen the intensity of
- verb - keep from departing
- verb - take and maintain control over, often by violent means
- verb - cause to stop
- verb - cover as for protection against noise or smell
- verb - drink alcohol without showing ill effects
- verb - aim, point, or direct
- verb - declare to be
- verb - be in accord
- verb - keep from exhaling or expelling
- Land rented or leased from another.
- Often holdings.
- A court ruling, especially a ruling on a point of law raised in an official proceeding.
- Illegal use of the arms, hands, body, or playing stick to obstruct the movements of an opponent.
- Tending to impede or delay progress: a holding action.
- Designed for usually short-term storage or retention: a holding tank; a holding cell.
- noun - something held
There are 7 letters in HOLDING: D G H I L N O
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HOLDING
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word HOLDING plus a wildcard: HOLDING?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HOLDING
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for HOLDING
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.