Scrabble word: LONG
In which Scrabble dictionary does LONG exist?
Definitions of LONG in dictionaries:
- verb - desire strongly or persistently
- adj - primarily temporal sense
- adj - primarily spatial sense
- adj - of relatively great height
- adj - good at remembering
- adj - holding securities or commodities in expectation of a rise in prices
- adj - (of speech sounds or syllables) of relatively long duration
- adj - involving substantial risk
- adj - planning prudently for the future
- adj - having or being more than normal or necessary:"long on brains"
- adv - for an extended time or at a distant time
- adv - for an extended distance
- Extending a relatively great distance.
- Having relatively great height; tall.
- Having the greater length of two or the greatest length of several: the long edge of the door.
- Of relatively great duration: a long time.
- Of a specified linear extent or duration: a mile long; an hour long.
- Made up of many members or items: a long shopping list.
- Extending beyond an average or a standard: a long game.
- Tediously protracted; lengthy: a long speech.
- Concerned with distant issues; far-reaching: took a long view of the geopolitical issues.
- Involving substantial chance; risky: long odds.
- Having an abundance or excess of: “politicians whose résumés are long on competence” (Margaret Garrard Warner).
- Having a holding of a commodity or security in expectation of a rise in price: long on soybeans.
- Having a comparatively great duration.
- Of, relating to, or being a vowel sound in English, such as the vowel sound in mate or feet, that is historically descended from a long vowel.
- Stressed or accented.
- Being of relatively great duration.
- During or for an extended period of time: The promotion was long due.
- At or to a considerable distance; far: She walked long past the end of the trail.
- For or throughout a specified period: They talked all night long.
- At a point of time distant from that referred to: That event took place long before we were born.
- Into or in a long position, as of a commodity market.
- A long time: This won’t take long.
- A long syllable, vowel, or consonant.
- One who acquires holdings in a security or commodity in expectation of a rise in price.
- A garment size for a tall person.
- During the time that: I’ll stay as long as I can.
- Inasmuch as; since: As long as you’re up, get me a drink.
- Under the condition that; provided that: “So long as we don’t understand it too well, every other language is poetry” (Anatole Broyard).
- At a time or during a period well before the present: I read that book long ago.
- A time well before the present: heroes of long ago.
- adj - extending for a considerable distance
- verb - to desire strongly
There are 4 letters in LONG: G L N O
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LONG
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word LONG plus a wildcard: LONG?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LONG
Images for LONG
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.