Scrabble word: LOG
In which Scrabble dictionary does LOG exist?
Definitions of LOG in dictionaries:
- noun - a segment of the trunk of a tree when stripped of branches
- noun - the exponent required to produce a given number
- noun - a written record of messages sent or received
- noun - a written record of events on a voyage (of a ship or plane)
- noun - measuring instrument that consists of a float that trails from a ship by a knotted line in order to measure the ship's speed through the water
- verb - enter into a log, as on ships and planes
- verb - cut lumber, as in woods and forests
- A usually large section of a trunk or limb of a fallen or felled tree.
- A long, thick section of trimmed, unhewn timber.
- A device trailed from a ship to determine its speed through the water.
- A record of a ship’s speed, its progress, and any shipboard events of navigational importance.
- The book in which this record is kept.
- A record of a vehicle’s performance, as the flight record of an aircraft.
- A record, as of the performance of a machine or the progress of an undertaking: a computer log; a trip log.
- To cut down, trim, and haul the timber of (a piece of land).
- To cut (timber) into unhewn sections.
- To enter in a record, as of a ship or an aircraft.
- To travel (a specified distance, time, or speed): logged 30,000 air miles in April.
- To cut down, trim, and haul timber.
- A logarithm.
- verb - to cut down trees for timber