Scrabble word: ESCAPE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ESCAPE exist?
Definitions of ESCAPE in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of escaping physically
- noun - an inclination to retreat from unpleasant realities through diversion or fantasy
- noun - nonperformance of something distasteful (as by deceit or trickery) that you are supposed to do
- noun - an avoidance of danger or difficulty
- noun - a means or way of escaping
- noun - a plant originally cultivated but now growing wild
- noun - the discharge of a fluid from some container
- noun - a valve in a container in which pressure can build up (as a steam boiler)
- verb - run away from confinement
- verb - fail to experience
- verb - escape potentially unpleasant consequences
- verb - be incomprehensible to
- verb - remove oneself from a familiar environment, usually for pleasure or diversion
- verb - flee
- verb - issue or leak, as from a small opening
- To break loose from confinement; get free.
- To issue from confinement or an enclosure; leak or seep out: Gas was escaping.
- To avoid capture, danger, or harm: Ten prisoners had escaped.
- To grow beyond a cultivated area.
- To succeed in avoiding.
- To break loose from; get free of.
- To elude the memory or comprehension of: Her name escapes me.
- To issue involuntarily from: A sigh escaped my lips.
- The act or an instance of escaping.
- A means of escaping.
- A means of obtaining temporary freedom from worry, care, or unpleasantness: Television is my escape from worry.
- A gradual effusion from an enclosure; a leakage.
- A plant that has become established away from the area of cultivation.
- A key used especially to interrupt a command, exit a program, or change levels within a program.
- verb - to get away