Scrabble word: DEBATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEBATE exist?
Definitions of DEBATE in dictionaries:
- noun - a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal
- noun - the formal presentation of a stated proposition and the opposition to it (usually followed by a vote)
- verb - argue with one another
- verb - think about carefully
- verb - discuss the pros and cons of an issue
- verb - have an argument about something
- To consider something; deliberate.
- To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
- To engage in a formal discussion or argument.
- To fight or quarrel.
- To deliberate on; consider.
- To dispute or argue about.
- To discuss or argue (a question, for example) formally.
- To fight or argue for or over.
- A discussion involving opposing points; an argument.
- Deliberation; consideration: passed the motion with little debate.
- A formal contest of argumentation in which two opposing teams defend and attack a given proposition.
- Conflict; strife.
- verb - to argue about