Scrabble word: WASTE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WASTE exist?
Definitions of WASTE in dictionaries:
- noun - any materials unused and rejected as worthless or unwanted
- noun - useless or profitless activity
- noun - the trait of wasting resources
- noun - an uninhabited wilderness that is worthless for cultivation
- noun - (law) reduction in the value of an estate caused by act or neglect
- verb - spend thoughtlessly
- verb - use inefficiently or inappropriately
- verb - get rid of
- verb - run off as waste
- verb - get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing
- verb - spend extravagantly
- verb - lose vigor, health, or flesh, as through grief
- verb - cause to grow thin or weak
- verb - cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly
- verb - become physically weaker
- adj - located in a dismal or remote area
- To use, consume, spend, or expend thoughtlessly or carelessly.
- To cause to lose energy, strength, or vigor; exhaust, tire, or enfeeble: Disease wasted his body.
- To fail to take advantage of or use for profit; lose: waste an opportunity.
- To destroy completely.
- To kill; murder.
- To lose energy, strength, weight, or vigor; become weak or enfeebled: wasting away from an illness.
- To pass without being put to use: Time is wasting.
- The act or an instance of wasting or the condition of being wasted: a waste of talent; gone to waste.
- A place, region, or land that is uninhabited or uncultivated; a desert or wilderness.
- A devastated or destroyed region, town, or building; a ruin.
- A useless or worthless byproduct, as from a manufacturing process.
- Something, such as steam, that escapes without being used.
- Garbage; trash.
- The undigested residue of food eliminated from the body; excrement.
- Regarded or discarded as worthless or useless: waste trimmings.
- Used as a conveyance or container for refuse: a waste bin.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to spend or expend without restraint and often to no avail”: wasted her inheritance; blew a fortune on a shopping spree; time and money consumed in litigation; dissipating their energies in pointless argument; frittering away her entire allowance; squandered his literary talent on writing commercials.
- verb - to use thoughtlessly