Scrabble word: WASTE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WASTE exist?
Definitions of WASTE in dictionaries:
- noun - any materials unused and rejected as worthless or unwanted
- noun - useless or profitless activity
- noun - the trait of wasting resources
- noun - an uninhabited wilderness that is worthless for cultivation
- noun - (law) reduction in the value of an estate caused by act or neglect
- verb - spend thoughtlessly
- verb - use inefficiently or inappropriately
- verb - get rid of
- verb - run off as waste
- verb - get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing
- verb - spend extravagantly
- verb - lose vigor, health, or flesh, as through grief
- verb - cause to grow thin or weak
- verb - cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly
- verb - become physically weaker
- adj - located in a dismal or remote area
- To use, consume, spend, or expend thoughtlessly or carelessly.
- To cause to lose energy, strength, or vigor; exhaust, tire, or enfeeble: Disease wasted his body.
- To fail to take advantage of or use for profit; lose: waste an opportunity.
- To destroy completely.
- To kill; murder.
- To lose energy, strength, weight, or vigor; become weak or enfeebled: wasting away from an illness.
- To pass without being put to use: Time is wasting.
- The act or an instance of wasting or the condition of being wasted: a waste of talent; gone to waste.
- A place, region, or land that is uninhabited or uncultivated; a desert or wilderness.
- A devastated or destroyed region, town, or building; a ruin.
- A useless or worthless byproduct, as from a manufacturing process.
- Something, such as steam, that escapes without being used.
- Garbage; trash.
- The undigested residue of food eliminated from the body; excrement.
- Regarded or discarded as worthless or useless: waste trimmings.
- Used as a conveyance or container for refuse: a waste bin.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to spend or expend without restraint and often to no avail”: wasted her inheritance; blew a fortune on a shopping spree; time and money consumed in litigation; dissipating their energies in pointless argument; frittering away her entire allowance; squandered his literary talent on writing commercials.
- verb - to use thoughtlessly
There are 5 letters in WASTE: A E S T W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to WASTE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word WASTE plus a wildcard: WASTE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word WASTE
Images for WASTE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.