Scrabble word: SWEAT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SWEAT exist?
Definitions of SWEAT in dictionaries:
- noun - salty fluid secreted by sweat glands
- noun - agitation resulting from active worry
- noun - condensation of moisture on a cold surface
- noun - use of physical or mental energy
- verb - excrete perspiration through the pores in the skin
- To excrete perspiration through the pores in the skin; perspire.
- To exude in droplets, as moisture from certain cheeses or sap from a tree.
- To condense atmospheric moisture.
- To release moisture, as hay in the swath.
- To ferment, as tobacco during curing.
- To work long and hard.
- To suffer much, as for a misdeed.
- To fret or worry.
- To excrete (moisture) through a porous surface, such as the skin.
- To gather and condense (moisture) on a surface.
- To cause to perspire, as by drugs, heat, or strenuous exercise.
- To make damp or wet with perspiration.
- To cause to work excessively; overwork.
- To overwork and underpay (employees).
- To interrogate (someone) under duress: The secret police sweated the suspected spy for hours.
- To extract (information) from someone under duress: The police sweated the information out of the suspect.
- To join (metal parts) by interposing cold solder and then heating.
- To steam (vegetables or other food).
- The colorless saline moisture excreted by the sweat glands; perspiration.
- Condensation of moisture in the form of droplets on a surface.
- The process of sweating.
- The condition of being sweated.
- Strenuous, exhaustive labor; drudgery.
- A run given to a horse as exercise before a race.
- An anxious, fretful condition.
- To endure anxiously: sweat out an examination.
- Easily done or handled.
- To work diligently or strenuously.
- To sweat profusely.
- adj - to give off moisture through the pores of the skin [v -SPIRED, -SPIRING, -SPIRES] : PERSPIRY
There are 5 letters in SWEAT: A E S T W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SWEAT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SWEAT plus a wildcard: SWEAT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SWEAT
Images for SWEAT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.