Scrabble word: THROTTLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does THROTTLE exist?
Definitions of THROTTLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a valve that regulates the supply of fuel to the engine
- noun - a pedal that controls the throttle valve
- verb - place limits on (extent or access)
- verb - kill by squeezing the throat of so as to cut off the air
- verb - reduce the air supply
- A valve that regulates the flow of a fluid, such as the valve in an internal-combustion engine that controls the amount of vaporized fuel entering the cylinders.
- A lever or pedal controlling such a valve.
- To regulate the flow of (fuel) in an engine.
- To regulate the speed of (an engine) with a throttle.
- To suppress: tried to throttle the press.
- To strangle; choke.
- verb - to choke to death