Scrabble word: HOLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does HOLE exist?
Definitions of HOLE in dictionaries:
- noun - an opening into or through something
- noun - an opening deliberately made in or through something
- noun - one playing period (from tee to green) on a golf course
- noun - an unoccupied space
- noun - a depression hollowed out of solid matter
- noun - a fault
- noun - informal terms for a difficult situation
- noun - informal terms for the mouth
- verb - hit the ball into the hole
- verb - make holes in
- A cavity in a solid.
- An opening or a perforation: a hole in the clouds.
- An opening in a defensive formation, especially the area of a baseball infield between the third base player and the shortstop.
- A fault or flaw: There are holes in your argument.
- A deep place in a body of water.
- An animal’s hollowed-out habitation, such as a burrow.
- An ugly, squalid, or depressing dwelling.
- A deep or isolated place of confinement; a dungeon.
- An awkward situation; a predicament.
- The small pit lined with a cup into which a golf ball must be hit.
- One of the divisions of a golf course, from tee to cup.
- A vacant position in a crystal left by the absence of an electron, especially a position in a semiconductor that acts as a carrier of positive electric charge.
- To put a hole in.
- To hit a golf ball into the hole.
- To hibernate in or as if in a hole.
- To take refuge in or as if in a hideout.
- Having a score below zero.
- In debt.
- These nouns refer to an unfilled or empty space.
- verb - to make a hole (a cavity in a solid)