Scrabble word: WHOLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WHOLE exist?
Definitions of WHOLE in dictionaries:
- noun - all of something including all its component elements or parts
- noun - an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity
- adj - including all components without exception
- adj - (of siblings) having the same parents
- adj - not injured
- adj - exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health
- adj - acting together as a single undiversified whole
- adv - to a complete degree or to the full or entire extent (`whole' is often used informally for `wholly')
- Containing all components; complete: a whole wardrobe for the tropics.
- Not divided or disjoined; in one unit: a whole loaf.
- Constituting the full amount, extent, or duration: The baby cried the whole trip home.
- Not wounded, injured, or impaired; sound or unhurt: escaped the fire with a whole skin.
- Having been restored; healed: a whole person again.
- Having the same parents: a whole sister.
- Not fractional; integral.
- A number, group, set, or thing lacking no part or element; a complete thing.
- Entirely; wholly: a whole new idea.
- Considering everything: on the whole, a happy marriage.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “including every constituent or individual”: a whole town devastated by an earthquake; all the class going on a field trip; entire freedom of choice; gross income; the total cost.
- noun - all the parts or elements entering into and making up a thing