Scrabble word: LOW
In which Scrabble dictionary does LOW exist?
Definitions of LOW in dictionaries:
- noun - an air mass of lower pressure
- noun - British political cartoonist (born in New Zealand) who created the character Colonel Blimp (1891-1963)
- noun - a low level or position or degree
- noun - the lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle
- verb - make a low noise, characteristic of bovines
- adj - less than normal in degree or intensity or amount
- adj - literal meanings
- adj - very low in volume
- adj - unrefined in character
- adj - used of sounds and voices
- adj - of the most contemptible kind
- adj - low or inferior in station or quality
- adj - no longer sufficient
- adj - subdued or brought low in condition or status
- adj - filled with melancholy and despondency
- adv - in a low position
- Having little relative height; not high or tall.
- Rising only slightly above surrounding surfaces.
- Situated or placed below normal height: a low lighting fixture.
- Situated below the surrounding surfaces: water standing in low spots.
- Dead and buried.
- Cut to show the wearer’s neck and chest; décolleté: a low neckline.
- Near or at the horizon: The sun is low in the sky.
- Produced with part or all of the tongue depressed, as a, pronounced (), in father.
- Of less than usual or average depth; shallow: The river is low.
- Humble in status or character.
- Of relatively simple structure in the scale of living organisms.
- Unrefined; coarse: low humor.
- Lacking strength or vigor; weak.
- Emotionally or mentally depressed.
- Below average in degree, intensity, or amount: a low temperature.
- Below an average or a standard: low wages; a low level of communication.
- Ranked near the beginning of an ascending series or scale: a low number; a low grade of oil.
- Relating to or being latitudes nearest to the equator.
- Relatively small.
- Characterized by a small degree, intensity, or amount of a specified attribute: a low cholesterol diet.
- Having a pitch corresponding to a relatively small number of sound-wave cycles per second.
- Not loud; soft: a low murmur.
- Being near total depletion: My savings account is low.
- Not adequately provided or equipped; short: low on supplies.
- Depreciatory; disparaging: a low opinion of his qualities.
- Brought down or reduced in health or wealth: in a low state.
- Of, relating to, or being the gear configuration or setting, as in an automotive transmission, that produces the least vehicular speed with respect to engine speed.
- In or to a low position, level, or space: aimed low; bent low.
- In or to a low condition or rank; humbly: thought low of himself.
- In or to a reduced, humbled, or degraded condition: brought low by business reverses.
- Softly; quietly: speak low.
- With a deep pitch: sang low.
- At a small price: bought low and sold high.
- A low level, position, or degree: Rain collects in the lows.
- A region of atmospheric pressure that is below normal.
- The low gear configuration of a transmission.
- The characteristic sound uttered by cattle; a moo.
- adj - having relatively little upward extension
- verb - to utter the sound characteristic of cattle
There are 3 letters in LOW: L O W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LOW
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word LOW plus a wildcard: LOW?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LOW
Images for LOW
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.