Scrabble word: PLOW
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLOW exist?
Definitions of PLOW in dictionaries:
- noun - a farm tool having one or more heavy blades to break the soil and cut a furrow prior to sowing
- verb - to break and turn over earth especially with a plow
- verb - act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
- verb - move in a way resembling that of a plow cutting into or going through the soil
- A farm implement consisting of a heavy blade at the end of a beam, usually hitched to a draft team or motor vehicle and used for breaking up soil and cutting furrows in preparation for sowing.
- An implement of similar function, such as a snowplow.
- To break and turn over (earth) with a plow.
- To form (a furrow, for example) with a plow.
- To form furrows in with or as if with a plow: plow a field.
- To make or form with driving force: I plowed my way through the crowd.
- To cut through (water): plow the high seas.
- To break and turn up earth with a plow.
- To admit of plowing: Rocky earth plows poorly.
- To move or progress with driving force: The attackers formed a wedge and plowed through the enemy line.
- To proceed laboriously; plod: plowed through the backlog of work.
- To strike with force.
- To undertake (a task, for example) with eagerness and vigor.
- To cause to vanish under something piled up.
- To overwhelm, as with burdens.
- adj - to turn up land with a plow (a farm implement) [v -ED, -ING, -S] : PLOWABLE