Scrabble word: FLOW
Is FLOW valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of FLOW in dictionaries:
- noun - the motion characteristic of fluids (liquids or gases)
- noun - the amount of fluid that flows in a given time
- noun - the act of flowing or streaming
- noun - any uninterrupted stream or discharge
- noun - something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously
- noun - dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas
- noun - the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause
- verb - move or progress freely as if in a stream
- verb - move along, of liquids
- verb - cause to flow
- verb - be abundantly present
- verb - fall or flow in a certain way
- verb - cover or swamp with water
- verb - undergo menstruation
- To move or run smoothly with unbroken continuity, as in the manner characteristic of a fluid.
- To issue in a stream; pour forth: Sap flowed from the gash in the tree.
- To circulate, as the blood in the body.
- To move with a continual shifting of the component particles: wheat flowing into the bin; traffic flowing through the tunnel.
- To proceed steadily and easily: The preparations flowed smoothly.
- To exhibit a smooth or graceful continuity: The cadence of the poem flowed gracefully.
- To hang loosely and gracefully: The cape flowed from his shoulders.
- To rise.
- To arise; derive: Several conclusions flow from this hypothesis.
- To abound or teem: coffers flowing with treasure.
- To stream copiously; flood: Contributions flowed in from all parts of the country.
- To menstruate.
- To undergo plastic deformation without cracking or breaking.
- To release as a flow: trees flowing thin sap.
- To cause to flow: “One of the real keys to success is developing a system where you can flow traffic to yourselves” (Marc Klee).
- The act of flowing.
- The smooth motion characteristic of fluids.
- A stream or current.
- A flood or an overflow.
- A residual mass that has stopped flowing: a hardened lava flow.
- A continuous output or outpouring: a flow of ideas; produced a steady flow of articles and stories.
- A continuous movement or circulation: the flow of traffic; a flow of paperwork across his desk.
- The amount that flows in a given period of time.
- The rising of the tide.
- Continuity and smoothness of appearance.
- A general movement or tendency: As the lone dissenter in the group, she was going against the flow of opinion.
- The sequence in which operations are performed.
- An apparent ease or effortlessness of performance: “An athlete must learn to forget the details of his or her training to achieve the instinctive sense of flow that characterizes a champion” (Frederick Turner).
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “something suggestive of running water”: a flow of thought; the current of history; a flood of ideas; a flux of words; a rush of sympathy; a stream of complaints; a tide of immigration.
- verb - to move steadily and smoothly along
There are 4 letters in FLOW: F L O W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FLOW
Click to search all anagrams of FLOW plus a wildcard: FLOW?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FLOW
Images for FLOW
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.