Scrabble word: SLOW
In which Scrabble dictionary does SLOW exist?
Definitions of SLOW in dictionaries:
- verb - lose velocity
- verb - become slow or slower
- verb - cause to proceed more slowly
- adj - not moving quickly
- adj - at a slow tempo
- adj - slow to learn or understand
- adj - (used of timepieces) indicating a time earlier than the correct time
- adj - so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness
- adj - (of business) not active or brisk
- adv - without speed (`slow' is sometimes used informally for `slowly')
- adv - of timepieces
- Not moving or able to move quickly; proceeding at a low speed: a slow train; slow walkers.
- Marked by a retarded tempo: a slow waltz.
- Taking or requiring a long time: the slow job of making bread.
- Taking more time than is usual: a slow worker; slow progress in the peace negotiations.
- Registering a time or rate behind or below the correct one: a slow clock.
- Lacking in promptness or willingness; not precipitate: They were slow to accept our invitation.
- Characterized by a low volume of sales or transactions: Business was slow today.
- Lacking liveliness or interest; boring: a slow party.
- Not having or exhibiting intellectual or mental quickness: a slow learner.
- Only moderately warm; low: a slow oven.
- So as to fall behind the correct time or rate: The watch runs slow.
- At a low speed: Go slow! — v.
- To make slow or slower.
- To become slow or slower.
- adj - moving with little speed
- verb - to lessen the speed of