Scrabble word: THEORY
In which Scrabble dictionary does THEORY exist?
Definitions of THEORY in dictionaries:
- noun - a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world
- noun - a tentative insight into the natural world
- noun - a belief that can guide behavior
- Systematically organized knowledge applicable in a relatively wide variety of circumstances, especially a system of assumptions, accepted principles, and rules of procedure devised to analyze, predict, or otherwise explain the nature or behavior of a specified set of phenomena.
- Such knowledge or such a system.
- Abstract reasoning; speculation.
- A belief that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: rose early, on the theory that morning efforts are best; the modern architectural theory that less is more.
- An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.
- noun - a group of propositions used to explain a class of phenomena