Scrabble word: STIGMA
In which Scrabble dictionary does STIGMA exist?
Definitions of STIGMA in dictionaries:
- noun - the apical end of the style where deposited pollen enters the pistil
- noun - a symbol of disgrace or infamy
- noun - an external tracheal aperture in a terrestrial arthropod
- noun - a skin lesion that is a diagnostic sign of some disease
- A mark or token of infamy, disgrace, or reproach: “Party affiliation has never been more casual... The stigmata of decay are everywhere” (Arthur M.
- A small mark; a scar or birthmark.
- A mark or spot on the skin that bleeds as a symptom of hysteria.
- A mark or characteristic indicative of a history of a disease or abnormality.
- A small mark, spot, or pore, such as the respiratory spiracle of an insect or an eyespot in certain algae.
- The receptive apex of the pistil of a flower, on which pollen is deposited at pollination.
- A mark burned into the skin of a criminal or slave; a brand.
- adj - a mark of disgrace [n -MAS or -MATA] : STIGMAL